Do you love learning, as well as teaching?
Are you constantly seeking ways to grow and contribute to the knowledge of others?
Do enjoy wearing multiple hats and filling multiple roles?
You consider yourself self-organized and able to manage time and resources well.
You enjoy working alone, but are equally comfortable communicating within a team.
You understand the importance of communicating often in a distributed work environment and find it second nature to provide timely statuses and utilizing various forms of communication while you work.
If this all sounds like a perfect fit for you, we are currently looking for a full-time Engagement Manager, Business Analyst and Strategic Technology Consultant. Your role will start onsite at our client's office in the Washington, D.C. metro area, either full-time or very often during the initial engagement, with the expectation of this becoming a remote role over time working with the same client and others in our distributed professional services firm.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leads all development aspects of SDLC for client projects.
- Understands digital marketing technology in a broad view.
- Partners with business and technical leaders to deliver, maintain, support business solutions.
- Ensure all development and maintenance projects are in accordance with client and [A] strategy, and adhere to project vision and product innovation roadmaps.
- Help manage project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Help provide insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and leadership to the client and the team.
- Assist in the develop of project documentation — e.g., project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and resource plan.
- Help to ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and focused on the right activities.
- Help to identify risks early and escalate issues, risks, and decisions to appropriate stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating actions.
- Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
- Help to ensure proper functioning of the deliverables and recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of approach and interface.
- Own product releases and provide status to client and internal stakeholders; escalate issues proactively.
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
- Communicate development and production status and issues to management and stakeholders.
You may be a good match for this role if...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- 3 - 5 years previous experience managing Agile/Scrum projects.
- Previous experience in managing the delivery of CMS enterprise applications.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality solution.
- Ability to communicate effectively and thoroughly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus, and have a vivid passion for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects and clients; keeps stakeholders and product owners focused on short- and long-term milestones.
- Ability to establish and maintain trusted, positive working relationships with clients, yet represent accurately the perspective of our firm.
- Ability to think and communicate using inclusive language and a healthy client-service, client advisory role from inside the client organization.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing technology, strategy, and process consultation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Collaboration and decision making skills.
- Previous experience interfacing with external software design and development vendors.
- Ability to work productively in a distributed team environment.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have proven yourself to be a hands-on contributor who can think outside the box.
[A] Team Benefits:
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, an infrastructure and office stipend, bonuses and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other's work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you’re an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
What is [A]?
At its simplest, [A] is a distributed technology consulting company in the United States that focuses on content engineering and content management systems integration. We simplify complex technology for agencies and institutional clients. We focus content engineering and content technology, but our [A]gents are multi-talented and get called upon to deliver consulting, application development, architecture and strategy.
[A] is a team of intelligent [A]gents made up of smart people with many roles and no titles. We are content engineers, analysts, programmers, developers, architects, content strategists, strategic consultants, data scientists, producers, marketers, writers and communicators.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we'd like to see that too).