Learning and Development Manager
As [A] continues to grow, it is critical that our cultural values of learning, growing and our remote work best practices remain strong throughout the organization. As the Learning & Development Manager, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful onboarding and training of all new hires and the continued learning and development of all core team members.
This is a part-time, remote role that can be done from anywhere in North America. Eventually, this will evolve into a full-time role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Head of Talent to define the onboarding process at [A]
- Ensure all new hires are successfully onboarded and properly set up for long-term success.
- Coordinate between different team leaders to ensure all tasks related to the onboarding process are completed effectively.
- Develop learning tools, document onboarding processes and checklists, and evolve a variety of other forms of onboarding and training materials.
- Build, enhance, and spread [A]’s culture throughout the organization.
- Stay in constant communication with team members via Slack.
You may be a good match for this role if...
- You have experience creating onboarding materials and training documents that are professional and polished.
- You are proactive and love interacting with others.
- You enjoy working with spreadsheets and maintaining trackers.
- You are familiarity with Skype, Slack, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Atlassian.
- You are a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You have an exceptional ability to deal with multiple priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have proven yourself to be a hands-on contributor who can think outside the box.
- You are a strong cultural fit with [A]’s values: Be learners & teachers / Be honest & heroic / Service & expectations / Measure & improve
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You are constantly growing our own knowledge, and helping to grow the knowledge of others.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You work along well, but communicate within a team very well and are able to send update, track time, and other forms of communication while you work.
This is an opportunity to work from your home office along with colleagues from around the United States, Mexico, and Latin America, working to find and train the most talented [A]gents that match our culture of learning and teaching and our mission to make the world a smarter place through content engineering, intelligent systems, and digital experience.
[A] Team Benefits:
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, an infrastructure and office stipend, bonuses and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other's work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you’re an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
What is [A]?
At its simplest, [A] is a distributed technology consulting company in the United States that focuses on content engineering and content management systems integration. We simplify complex technology for agencies and institutional clients. We focus content engineering and content technology, but our [A]gents are multi-talented and get called upon to deliver consulting, application development, architecture and strategy.
[A] is a team of intelligent [A]gents made up of smart people with many roles and no titles. We are content engineers, analysts, programmers, developers, architects, content strategists, strategic consultants, data scientists, producers, marketers, writers and communicators.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we'd like to see that too).