Head of Growth - Marketing and Sales Leader
[A] is searching for a leader who can unify data, operations, sales, and marketing in a Head of Growth role. As the Head of Growth, you will be responsible for scaling [A]’s growth and marketing initiatives, setting priorities, and ensuring all systems are trending up over time. You will be growing the company’s bottom line by working at the intersection of sales, technology, data, and marketing.
You will be directing and participating in execution as the team grows and specializes, including guiding the development of all dashboards, analytics systems, and automated rules needed to ensure the health and growth of the company’s client funnel over time.
You will be bringing your experience scaling organizations from 20+ employees to 100+ employees and managing the change involved with growth.
This is a remote position that can be performed from anywhere in the US, Canada or Latin America.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to set and execute the strategy and roadmap for [A]’s long-term growth.
- Coordinate and enable vital rhythms, metrics, and complete-funnel visibility and collaboration between marketing and sales.
- Fill in holes in current sales process, including priorities management, putting together bids, and assist in closing.
- Run partnership business development efforts with agencies, prime government contractors, data and design firms and others in our ecosystem.
- Build out a growth team over time as the company scales.
- Create playbooks and training modules for the successful development of growth skills and initiatives across product, SEO, SEM, funnel optimization, digital marketing, etc.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy, tactics, metrics and rhythms.
You may be a good match for this role if you:
- Are highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a rapid-growth company, in a measured and thoughtful way.
- Have demonstrated analytical rigor. You must know how to quantitatively analyze and optimize marketing programs and growth initiatives.
- Have been involved with the growth of a company from earlier stages to late stages, and thus been exposed to massive growth and change.
- Have a scrappy, growth-hacker mindset.
- Understand the full funnel dynamics across sales and marketing.
- Have had a lot of customer-facing experience, and been exposed to formal sales training.
- Have worked with and managed SEO, SEM, and other digital marketing campaigns.
- Have worked within a distributed team.
- Have had P&L responsibility in the past.
- Are self-directed, goal-oriented, inspire confidence, and are a natural leader.
This is a remote opportunity to work from your home office along with colleagues from around the United States, Mexico, and Latin America, working to find and train the most talented [A]gents that match our culture of learning and teaching and our mission to make the world a smarter place through content engineering, intelligent systems, and digital experience.
[A] Team Benefits
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, an infrastructure and office stipend, bonuses and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other's work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you’re an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
At its simplest, [A] is a distributed technology consulting company in the United States that focuses on engineering content for multichannel use and content management systems integration. We simplify complex technology for agencies and institutional clients. Our focus revolves around content technology, customer experience, and intelligent systems but our [A]gents are multi-talented and get called upon to deliver consulting, application development, architecture and strategy.
[A] is a team of [A]gents made up of smart people with many roles and no titles. We are content engineers, analysts, programmers, developers, architects, content strategists, strategic consultants, data scientists, producers, marketers, writers and communicators.
Topic areas: multichannel marketing, intelligent content, content engineering, content asset measurement and valuation, AI, chatbots, SEO, customer experience platforms, and digital change management.
Our mission is to make the world smarter. We have some big goals.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we'd like to see that too).